Monday, September 29, 2008

The way I see it......

I love Starbucks. Love probably isn’t a strong enough word to describe my feelings for this place. This place is like a vital part of my daily schedule. I’ve tried other coffee drinks at other coffee shops, and nothing ever matches their drinks. One thing that makes me feel better about my purchase of overpriced coffee on a regular basis is the fact that they make me feel more “green” about myself. I tell myself that since they go to great lengths to get approval to use drink cups out of recycled material then they really care and Al Gore would be happy with my choice of a coffee shop that tries to go green. I just have one concern with this place, that every barista that makes my drink uses two cups for one beverage, even when the outer protective cuff is on the cup as well. This practice happens at every Starbucks I go to. If you are going to go to great lengths to do your part for our environment and make your cups out of 10% post consumer recycled content doesn’t it kind of defeat the purpose when you use two cups for each drink?

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Ha! I've never thought of that, but it really makes no sense to use two cups!

Cute blog!

Erika said...

Hi! I like your subtitle! I just started working for Starbucks... and have a couple ideas for your predicament:
1. If you're ordering an americano, brewed coffee, tea, cafe misto, London Fog, or any venti sized drink, Starbucks policy is to single cup your drink and provide a sleeve.

2. If you order a short size of any of the above mentioned drinks, you will receive two cups, but no sleeve.

3. You may request that we only use one cup and no sleeve.

4. Bring back your outer cup and sleeve to re-use.

5. Bring your own cup (10 cent discount!) and we'll make your drink in that! (make sure to mention when ordering at a drive through that you have a personal cup, and that you want your drink to NOT go in a disposable cup).

6. Drink your coffee in the lobby/seating area in a "FOR HERE" cup; they're not advertised much, but all stores should have "for here cups" available for customer use!

Enjoy!

--Erika